Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[General] And i'm back! After building a new custom computer!

Lightbulb 
I'm here, sitting on my new desktop as I churn out 1440P gameplay videos and captured recordings of mobile ads, My MSI RTX 3060 Leopard and GTX 1050 Pavilion were reaching old age, We tried to hold onto them for as long as possible. but the simple factor was that I was getting tired of having to pay repair bills every 2 years for problems related to flaws like tight hinges or keyboard failures. on top of that I ended up separating from one of my parents as well, It was already time for me to transition to a desktop. One that would grow with me.

In other words:A gaming PC, With a secondary content creator/workstation but one held back by a weak CPU with a strong focus on RAM for running Text generation AI like Mistral and Mixtral or pictures like Stable diffusion, I do not hold anything against them both as a writer and potential artist-Photoshop experienced something similar back in 2007 when it came out, Get used to it.

This is also why i've been away as well. I apologize for that-If you knew me, You'll know that at my peak. I was pumping out over 4K words a day for fanfiction writing alone, I have this notion of Justice within my personality. you see. The audience comes and plays in the world and stories I create, or even just to try and understand today's mobile memey ads...  and hopefully keep my relentless drive up by saying alright things and I in turn venture into the unknown, so that you not need look up famous youtubers for your sources.

But, I wasn't able to keep that because of breaking up with a parent and ending up with a parent with over a lifetime of bad habits like smoking, television watching and such. and now, Proton pump inhibitor toxicity, osteosarcopenia and sleep apnea with all the obvious signs of apneic alzheimer-like brain damage in the form of memory loss and mental lapasing. And it's been very frustrating dealing with a second stubborn idiot who's also apneic as well yet is in denial about it. You see, it's gotten so bad they can no longer sprint anymore and already the harbringer in the form of long term memory loss is here, Ironic they try to resist mouth taping and side sleeping yet will ingest things like Glitazones without even bothering to think about the side effects like abdominal obesity and sarcopenic obesity, How stark compared to a casual sprinter like me.

I reckon it's only reasonable to let you know what was happening behind the scenes. 

We went with having it assembled because i didn't trust myself to short circuit something, and in part because we were on a time limit as it is. The DP505 case was a nice one which i chose for a bunch of reasons, It had a USB 3.2 Type 2 port. A mid tower case so that it could be easily moved, and mesh filters. as well as easy accessbility, Is there a reason it was ever called the best gaming budget case in 2022? It was for a reason. Built in frontal fans, Mesh filters, plus it's roomy to the point of E-ATX capability, So that means no cuts, no bloods, no incidents with components not fitting and it's not cramped inside.

We would have chosen the Samsung 980 Pro. but we went with the 990 Pro. in part because they were out of stock and too similar to price, This NVMe blasted thing holds 2 TB of data! And it booted very quickly indeed. I left the HDD mounts empty in the event i do start storing data, Happily, the case does take that into consideration. If you are from 2003. then it would be strange to you that such a hard drive would be tiny, I mean.. a Commodore 64? 64 KB of POWER!? That's like GlaDOS!

I hoard a lot of data and AI models (Seeing as ROCm, Even in stable diffusion and LLMs has made huge advances over the last several months) as well as stuff that would fill the entirely of a pile of these, it boggles the mind. does it?

IF the CPU is the brain and the very soul of a computer, then the motherboard would be the brainstem and other lower functions. Motherboards are still a big deal though, Its a X670-E (The ASrock Lightning PG was out of stock and didn't even have integrated wifi!). The chip is a Ryzen 5 7600X-I wanted the non-X version, but it was all they had in stock, The sale guy and we did laugh and chat over AMD going the Intel route and even going with the weak IGPU to boot as well. Although it does make me nostalgic of when I would game on UHD 630 graphics.

With everything done, There's the AIO Cooler, I admit. I don't even know what it is, but what I looked up of it suggests its similar to the Jonsabo (TW 2 240) TG-240, Thermalright 240 or the MAG 240. It consists of tubes and radiators like a car's liquid cooler or a BF 109's inline engine that dissipate the massive heat modern CPUs can output nowadays, Hot enough to fry a egg! The Ryzen 7000 series unfortunately went the Intel way.

Then there's the RX 7800XT Sapphire nitro, It sits under my desk as i speak this, I feel bad that it has to sit there, It looks like something from what 1990s films imagined
of the future, If i had room. I would put it on my future desk, But artistics look aside, the point is practicality. its quiet and efficient for what it does-EXTREMELY quiet compared to my current laptop then and it avoids massive heating compared to the reference card or the PULSE version.

Now actually setting up this thing took a hour and it booted up like magic.

Then things went bad, We couldn't figure out how to put the monitor together, and on top of that i had to throw together a quick beef bacon and heavy cream soup dinner before parent left, Then I ran into problems with the display doing Jackshit until i realized I was using displayport and not the other mode, Then.. I wont bore you, but it took minutes of tearing my hair out to get the bluetooth keyboard to behave and then me realizing I had the monitor plugged to the motherboard instead of the GPU which was what was causing black screen crashes followed by a forced switch to the RDNA2 Ryzen IGPU and how i wasted hours on underclocking, undervolting, Disabling ULPS and MPO and windowed optimizations and disabling sync and driver rollbacks along with reinstalling and power limiting and turning off core isolation along with trying to run minecraft with most mods removed wasting days upon days, That is always in my experience the hardest part of putting a computer together, Minor nitpick details and software like this. The hardware part is nothing but simple like a Lego set, but spaghetti code?

It's like having potatoes shoved up my ass with hot sauce.

Anyway, Like i said, I'm back. And maybe hopefully i can stream my GPU to you Viva a viva NVIDIA Geforce NOW But open source or even host D20 AI-powered sessions.

Laffey 2024

Possible name:XGLM-05LE ('X670 Gaming LLM 05 LaffEY 'KISMET' KAI GO)

Specs:

Motherboard:X670E ASRock Pro RS
CPU:Ryzen 5 7600X (Non-overclocked)
CPU Cooler:240mm twin AIO Cooler ID Cooler, Thermalright Frozen Or MSI MAG 240 class top exhaust.
RAM:64 GB DDR5 Trident Z5 Neo RGB CL32
GPU:Sapphire Nitro RX7800 XT (Stock drivers only)
Hard disk:2 TB Samsung 990 Pro with Heatsink. HDD mounts empty
DVD:None
Monitor:1440P Philips 165 HZ, 24M1N5500Z/93 Evnia 5000 24 inch Series
PSU:ASUS 850W STRIX ROG Aura Edition Gold
Case:Antec DP505 (Colette Brunel/Laffey KISMET project)
Keyboard:ASUS TUF K1 Keyboard as of 21/1/2024, secondary backup Simple membrane bluetooth wireless (Why do i need steelseries when i dont have any friends other than roleplayers?)
Mouse:Reused from laptop. raised palm vertoca;/anti-wear design, RGB. 25 USD
Internet:5G Home broadband, Wifi 6 (180 mbps download 35/50 mbps upload tested. with CAT 5 cable and in wifi pointblank mode, 80 Mbps download/30-75mbps upload currently)
Editor:KdenLive. AMD AMF Hardware acceleration (H.264)

Tablet:Kamvas 13/XP Pen Deco Fun (S) orange drawing tablet (Currently Inactive)
Speakers:MSI Budget H991 Gaming Headset. 
Microphone:None
Gaming desk setup:Non-gaming, normal with a wheeled tray for desktop case. very minimalist due to not having much money left. inside bedroom

Build price:1980 USD (before counting the Evnia 24 inch monitor which came in at nearly over 250 USD. However some free things were included like two Logi mouse pads and a bunch of ASUS ROG merch)

Edit several hours later;Finally i got StableA111 and both SDnext working, why was i trying to run them instead of using command with directml anyway??? Either way, The AI part of this gaming build has been fulfilled

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you very much for writing this much introduction!
Welcome back and hope you can play anime games with us.
Thanks and take care!
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3
Eh, As it stands i've been pumping out videos like crazy. so...
hello! I'm new to this game so if anyone want to be my friend I'll so ready to be your friend
(02-06-2024, 08:21 PM)ac4358 Wrote:  hello! I'm new to this game so if anyone want to be my friend I'll so ready to be your friend

Hi, thanks for joining!

If you happen to somehow have the games listed at https://www.animeesports.com/Thread-Appl...on-1--2802, hope you can also participate that.

Thanks.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3

Share this thread in social media