Dismiss this notice
There is an ongoing Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Build contest with giveaways. Check it out in contest forum.
Dismiss this notice
Application for AEG Pro League Summer 2021 started. Apply now at this page!
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Tags
mmorpgs anime
Anime MMORPGs
We cover PC and PS4 anime MMORPGs.

A List of Anime MMORPGs on PC:

SoulWorker

SoulWorker is a quest and mission based action MMORPG. You can select a playable character and then basically you can customize your character. This means looking are different per players but combat system are same per each characters. The game also has PvP if you like competitive gaming. You will start in a town and basically solve the quests as you go deeper. In terms of combat system, personally, I felt quite good and it was enjoyable to me. But since it's not a open world, I felt kinds of narrow at the same time.

Kurtzpel

Kurtzpel is basically similar to SoulWorker: You start in a town, solve the quests around, gear yourself up and get stronger. Personally, I liked a combat system in Kurtzpel more than SoulWorker. Actions and animations per skills are quite impressive and enjoyable in a sense that it requires faster reaction of yours than SoulWorker. However, at the same time combat style in this game become a little bit spammy. The game isn't open world, but its good combat system makes me feel kinds of "fine". Kurtzpel also do involve gacha, and has PvP if you like competitive gaming.

Genshin Impact

Genshin Impact is anime MMORPG. The game is completely open world and designed to deliver the best PvE experiences, which is the phrase its developer said, along with co-op. This means, there is no PvP. Genshin Impact is currently talking top spots among whole PlayStation game sales as of February, 2021. This means this is currently the most popular anime games on both PC and PS4: actually it is currently the most popular anime game on whole gaming platform including PC, not only PS4. The game currently has the best graphic quality among all free anime games. The game has great character customization system. And it comes with a gacha model like usual MMORPGs. Thus, you will go deeper in grinding.

Phantasy Star Online 2

This game doesn't have English version on PS4. There are PC and XBOX version but I highly recommend PC version since PC provides greater gaming experiences when it comes to MMORPG. Gameplay-wise, it's is quite impressive. Personally I like the combat system there but not as much as how much I liked Phantasy Star Online 1 or Phantasy Star Universe. But as said in Onigiri part above, You will need to give it a try. In this game, you can have multiple weapons that you swap depending on the situation you have. You can use auto or manual aim when it comes to guns. It also has PvP if you need competitive, but very basic that I wouldn't recommend. For myself, I was once a fan of Phantasy Star Online 1 long time ago on both PC and Dreamcast.

Closers

This game is a side-scrolling action RPG game like old games but in 3D. In terms of combat, I think it is one of the best anime games along with Dragon's Crown as a side-scrolling action RPG game. Since this side genre is quite personal preference, it was excluded from my choice, however, I still think it is, again, one of the best side-scrolling action game. About general gaming style, it is similar to Kurtzpel and Soulworker: You start in a town, solve quests, gear yourself up and get stronger. The game has PvP if you like competitive gaming.

I haven't played followings, thus only introduce titles for PC anime mmorpgs:
Dungeon Fighter Online
Elsword
Nostale
Mabinogi
Aura Kingdom2
Aura Kingdom
FlyFF
Eden Eternal
Wakfu

* Some Google search gives you that Final Fantasy XIV, Blade & Souls, Tera, etc are anime games, but in fact, they are NOT anime games. Having one anime looking race in the game doesn't mean that the entire game is anime game. We exclude them from the list.

A List of Anime MMORPGs on PlayStation 4:

Genshin Impact

Description is same as PC above.

Caravan Stories

Caravan Stories is well, basically role-playing game that comes with mobile-like UI. The game includes features that most mobile game provides like AUTO combat mode. Plus it is gacha game. It will look like PS4 version of mobile games you used to play. Caravan Stories is 2nd most popular free anime game on PS4. There is a PvP, more specially, dueling.

Onigiri

This game also meant to deliver great PvE experiences, thus there is no pvp. Combat system is, to be honest, quite unique from my point of view. However, it wasn't that much favourable to me. But this should differ to each people. You definitely need to give it a try if the combat system fits you since all the free anime games on PS4 system are MMORPG which you will be playing long so that it is important to try all anime games before selecting one to play for a long time. And I also see many people who love this game and play for a very long time.

Phantasy Star Online 2

Description is same as PC above. But make sure that PS4 version of this game only has Japanese version.

If you don't care open world but is similar to MMORPG:

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (PC, PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch)

SAO:FB ranks the top position among SAO game series and has the most multiplayer population (as of March 2021). It is also ranked at the top position in Best Anime Games 2021 (as of March 2021). The game is basically like StarWars, provided by laser lightsabers and futuristic gun battles. The game supports singleplayer, co-op, and pvp modes, and is also an eSports game being held as a pro league in this AEG community. It's like a third person FPS game, but it's actually not a full third person FPS game as it offers an automatic aiming mode. This means your performance will actually depend more on how you behave well per each actions you make rather than your capability of how much you are accurate at aiming your fire since it already provides auto-aim mode. Also, game provides RPG aspects: you can level up, farm items, gear yourself up, upgrade and so on. In addition, there are many fan services such as building close relationships with game characters and sleeping together.

There is a way you can play this game for free on PS4 and XBOX, only if you are thinking of playing this game for mainly PvP like you play Overwatch, Fortnite, etc. Download trial version of the game, and you can access to hero PvP arena with 10 characters available. This game is fairly balanced between characters so there will be almost no problem although you can't access to other characters. Persoanlly I haven't seen any gamers who play very decent in more than 3-5 characters for this game, including those who participate in AEG Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Pro league. Thus, 10 characters available should be enough for free tier players. I am not sure about PvP population of Xbox for this game, but on PlayStation its PvP population is pretty good. You will be able to play the game for a very long time with its free tier contents like the way you play Fortnite, Overwatch.
[Image: Kureha-Signature.gif]

Share this thread in social media