Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PRO GUIDE

[General] Speedrun Meta Guide + How to utilize hyperspeed bug

Just a "quick" overview of what's good and why. Note: Hyper speed is referenced multiple times here. This is a bug(?) where after reaching speeds over 160 km/h, you continue accelerating like crazy while traveling in a straight line, allowing you to reach speeds of over 500 km/h with a good boost under ideal conditions. Making good use of hyper speed when possible is huge for cutting time, and much of what makes something good is how easily and consistently it works to give hyper speed.
Parts ---------------------------- This game has a lot of parts. Most of them are completely useless. Another big chunk are completely useless outside of multiplayer. Here are the parts worth considering for speedrunning. [High Output Battery Levels 1~5] - An absolute must at all times. No questions. [Acceleration Filter Levels 1~5] - Acceleration isn't as essential as speed, but should still be prioritized. Dropping level 2, 3, or 4 if there's a specific setup you want is fine, but you should always have at least 4 of these parts. [EPD Drift Amp Levels 1+3/ 2+3/1~3] - Drift amp is the best EPD generation in the game. More EPD = more boost = more speed. You rarely have the capacity to run all three of these, but you rarely need to run all three. If you're drifting on corners, and timing it so that boost speed expires before you charge a drift level (you gain no EPD from drifting while boosting), 2 parts should be sufficient as long as you have level 3 in there. Level 1 is the most efficient, level 2 is the least efficient, but the effect per cost is fairly similar for all of them. [Lightweight Ride Plate Level1/2] - Ride plate gives you a bit of extra speed when using nose up. (Most Jets) Speed is good, and nose up can be used a fair bit, although ride plate's benefit is usually minor. Take one of these if you have the space or the track benefits it, but it doesn't need to be a priority. (Cuisine2) This is the key to activating hyper speed with boost + drift boost + nose up. Always take level 2. [Handling Hydraulic Cylinder Level 2/4/2+4/2+4+5] - It's utility depends heavily on track and jet, but adding handling parts can help with lines and general consistency on technical tracks like Kandagawa Underground and Ichigaya Water Gates. Levels 2 and 4 the most efficient, and level 4 alone is stronger than 1+2, so 2 and 4 are the only ones really worth using. If you really want the handling, such as for Underground with a low turning jet, 5 is the next most efficient, so take that if you need it. Keep in mind, these parts enable better lines leading to better times. It's often irrelevant, but certainly has uses where it's faster than the alternatives, so don't think of handling parts as just a crutch. If you have some capacity left over, sail amp, side fin, and upgraded front rudder are some generally cheap parts with occasionally useful effects. You'll rarely have the space for them, so they're really just filler. Vehicles ---------------------------- [[[Top Tier]]] [Cuisine2] Cuisine2 is generally the best and fastest vehicle in the game for one reason- it has a boost speed multiplier that allows it to achieve hyper speed without the need of a trick boost or boost panel (although these help and can be used where convenien...

You are viewing only 33% of the whole content containing 1634 words, 0 images, 2 videos and total 0 attachments.
This is 5 stars top guide about the game to be unlocked. Please help the author and access to pro knowledge today.

Points required to unlock: 100💎

* You can obtain gems (💎) by participating in daily rewards, or purchasing. Register today!

Better response on post RE: Speedrun Meta GuideNo one was using it at the tournament, but the Cuisine 2 is a very fast machine.
Depending on the course, it will be faster than LAVCAR, so I recommend you to give it a try.

There is some old information, but you may want to look around here as well.
This is information compiled by Japanese steam players.

ジェットレースの基本 Basics of Jet Racing
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2221153593

ジェットレースのテクニック Advance of Jet Racing
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2245586725
@AZuRMuNE  

Thank you very much.. This teaches and light me a lot.. I have unlocked it and wow.... The content is absolutely great with very thorough explanation!

One thing I would like to see in the future is the build, 5 stars meta build, perhaps one of the strongest builds completed, and posted under the meta build forum. So that I, or perhaps most of us, can simply use it without thinking too much about builds as a novice, and fully focus on increasing action/instinct skills without thinking of intellectual part. Although I might tweak a little bit using the guide here when I get skilled in action/instinct part.

btw why this thread's prefix is ps4? Does this guide only work for ps4 version of the game? I think it needs to be general or PvP.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3
"it has a boost speed multiplier that allows it to achieve hyper speed without the need of a trick boost or boost panel"

What does it mean by "trick boost" or "boost panel" at the bottom of that sentence?
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
Better response on post RE: Speedrun Meta Guide + How to hyperspeed trick
(05-31-2021, 01:21 AM)Jotaku Wrote:  "it has a boost speed multiplier that allows it to achieve hyper speed without the need of a trick boost or boost panel"

What does it mean by "trick boost" or "boost panel" at the bottom of that sentence?

Trick boost(aka: it's the Speed Stunt): When you go over a jump and choose speed over handling or epd.

Boost panel: The green arrows in the water that speed you up for few seconds.
@AZuRMuNE  Thank you very much, I see!
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
Rofl Seriously I couldn't even take place within 3rd range with this hyperspeeed trick thing and Cuisine2 in recent few weeks. Looks like basic and fundamental skill affect much more than whatever vehicles or tricks you use in this game, especially finding out fastest path, memorizing maps, art of drifting, etc. And these kinds of skils takes years to master. I can say it definitely coz I also couldn't win @BAYONETTAGEAR3  who use tamakaze not even lavcar. I mean it is good to know but it is not the game changer.

If you agree with this theory plz let me know so that I can confirm current adversity I have been experiencing.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
Better response on post RE: Speedrun Meta Guide + How to hyperspeed trick
(07-04-2021, 02:35 AM)Jotaku Wrote:  Rofl Seriously I couldn't even take place within 3rd range with this hyperspeeed trick thing and Cuisine2 in recent few weeks. Looks like basic and fundamental skill affect much more than whatever vehicles or tricks you use in this game, especially finding out fastest path, memorizing maps, art of drifting, etc. And these kinds of skils takes years to master. I can say it definitely coz I also couldn't win @BAYONETTAGEAR3  who use tamakaze not even lavcar. I mean it is good to know but it is not the game changer.

If you agree with this theory plz let me know so that I can confirm current adversity I have been experiencing.
As you say, basic skills are more important than machines and characters.
This can only be practiced and remembered many times.

The recommended practice method is to download the time attack ghost and imitate the way of running.
I think Gensobees's ghost will be helpful. If you win this ghost, you will run better.

The knowledge of racing is to remember the contents of previously linked links.

By the way, Kamui and Cuisine2 are incompatible.
For speeds after 160km / h, the acceleration of machine parameters affects the speed. Therefore, LAVCAR is faster.
Cuisine2 is faster than LAVCAR on a course with few jumps. Neo Nihonbashi B, Ichigaya.
Cuisine2 is difficult to handle, so it is better to use it in actual battles after it stabilizes with a time attack.

I don't know if it will be helpful, but from here on, it's my story.
I have been playing this game since January of last year.
At first it was really a beginner level. The following is a video of that time.

If you practice this game seriously, we guarantee that everyone will be successful.
I think that is the best part of Kandagawa Jet Girls.

I play this game several times a week, so it can be difficult to close this gap.
However, in the Japanese version, some people have updated the time attack of the 1st place after 3 months of practice.
I played several times, but sometimes I lose. It's very fast and strong.

At first, it is important to learn basic skills by time attack. If you keep doing that, you will definitely get better.
Whether or not you can continue depends on your motivation.
@kh_jyuichi  Alright, thanks for the tips. Now I see clearly, although I haven't tried ghost thing though.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
After spending few weeks in playing both Lavcar Mark IV and Cuisine2, I think Lavcar Mark IV is the only top tier. Cuisine2 is not that level I guess. If so I think this guide needs to be updated.

HOWEVER, for this game, build and trick dont do much thing. This is becuz there is not much difference between vihecles and slots are very limited to choose. Fundamental and instinct skill you put a lot of time on practicing them will do the best.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer

Share this thread in social media