Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mega Server Change Suggestions [READ AND ADD]

Mega Server Change Suggestions
So I think we all know that the Discord server isn't really the most... visually appealing. With the changes suggested here, I'm sure that more people will be inclined to stay rather than leave.

1) Make a bot channel, or many.
We're kicking a dead horse on this one. General chat is overloaded with the bots (as we can clearly see). Lately, I've been somewhat spamming "t!tg train" to level up a pet. I do it every 10-60 seconds. That's a lot of spam (I'm so sorry haha).

[Image: aKE62cX.png]
To be fair though, I'm not the only one who is spamming bot commands here *hint hint wink wink*

The argument for keeping the bots in general chat is assumed to be that they make the chat more active. While it definitely pushes people to complain, thus increasing activity for a short time, in the long run, most users will accept servers that have a specific bot channel. While it is great to think different, often it is great to think better.

2) Reduce the Amount of Voice Channels
[Image: 7Taqgdc.png]
It's not that the voice channels are necessarily bad, it's just that they're too specific. Long story short, this looks too cluttered. A better solution would be to have a small amount of voice channels that are meaningful.
[Image: IXRc65y.png]
With titles like these, the rooms are versatile. It also goes without saying that people who join the server will enter rooms already populated and ask about what's going on. It spurs conversation. And I'm willing to bet that others will agree with me on this.
Side note: add a text channel under the "Voice" category called "Music." This is where song requests for music bots will go. It encourages people to listen to music in one of the voice channels rather than Spotify and whatnot.

3) Categories

a)
[Image: Js3iK94.png]
The Gaming category should be above the Dating category if this is the case.

b)IMPORTANT
Add more categories. Add more text channels. I put this separate from the bot stuff because this is an entire problem on its own. There's just nowhere to put anything except the General chat. It clutters the server.
[Image: iVQCWxD.png]
Here's an example of what you could do. Just give me some options to where I can post things!

c)
This is really a personal design choice, but adding "❱" before the titles of everything and the dashes "-" to center the categories really does make a difference in how the server looks.
A visually appealing server will always net more people. By doing this, you can differentiate the server from others.

4) Roles
Nobody ever uses them. And with how few there are, it might be pointless to even have them.
I'll cut to the chase, removing the gaming roles would do more good than bad. Currently, it's a text channel that's a waste of space on the server.

A much better way to implement this feature is to USE THE WEBSITE to add roles!
The annoyance of forever scrolling upward as you add more games will be gone. Also, it promotes website activity.

5) Gaming Text Channels
To be honest, this is a problem that's inherent to the way the server was built. What do you want the server to be? Right now, your focus is on anime games, yet you still add CSGO and PUBG. I understand that more people play those games, but discord servers specific to CSGO and PUBG will ALWAYS be favored over servers that are generic.
The anime gaming community is small, I understand that. But as we can already tell, having the extra channels for the games that all people play doesn't generate that much traffic within the server at all. It's a hard decision, but I ultimately suggest that you give up on those and focus more on building up a community rather than casting a wide net.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Encourage socialization among server members. If you want dating to be a thing, encourage people to talk to each other. Let them figure out who the people around them are.
I may be socially inept, but it doesn't take a genius to see that all that's happening on the server is people posting selfies. Nobody has any incentive to chat to other people other than to "slide into the DMs" (hurr durr).

The Dating channels are only selfies. They promote 1-on-1 chatting. They don't even contribute to the server's life.
This doesn't need to be Tinder 2.0

I'm gonna be straight here, and you may hate me for this.
The way the server is set up sucks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all that said, I'll try to think of more stuff to roast this system with. I'm gonna go back to spamming the train command on my virtual discord bot pet thingamajig.

[Image: FMbkvth.gif]
Happy New Year lmao ecks dee
Bot channels: YES YES YES AND YES

Voice channels: That's actually my fault, The owner asked me and I said it was a good idea XD

Categories:
a: Agreed, nothing else to say
b: Not too sure about this, honestly just general is fine in my opinion, though I see your point
c: really a waste of time, but hey, could be nice to add in the future

Roles: I would like the roles kept, but yeah being able to select them on the site is a neat idea. Not sure how that could be added though

Gaming channels: agreed, screw the pubg and crap

overall I agree with this, server isn't great, most of this stuff could use fixing
hopefully the owner notices this
eat your muffins, kids
1) Make a bot channel, or many.z
We will not have an independent bot channel due to at this low population chat goes dead so frequently. A bot is there to populate chat amount. Actually this is already tested in previous server that with more bots flooded in general chat it made more population daily than when having no bots in general. It is because people's tendency. Usually people leave the server when general looks dead, but bot helps people to keep general somehow active. However, I will rather add 2nd general if the chat become way too much excessive, which will separate bots that general 1 had into general 2, so they general 1 become a bit more clear to chat.

2) Reduce the Amount of Voice Channels
I will do similar to what you said, but let me test more. Actually I am testing a little bit on VC.

3) Categories

a)
[Image: Js3iK94.png]

Gaming channel has way too much channels and so I put dating channels above it to access easier (pretty sure a person who verified their birthday on the website they want to see dating channels more than gaming channel. So I put them above gaming channels for mature, and also made dating channels unvisible to people who didn't verify their mature so they will always see game channel only). I won't apply this. Sorry.

b)IMPORTANT
You can post medias related to Youtube/Twitch/Else in #media channel in discord, or on appropriate forum on the website. Artwork it should be only on website because putting artwork on fast driven discord chat doesn't make sense from my perspective.

c) Some people prefer just simple and slim.

4) Roles
Currently we select roles in discord through only #gaming-roles and only few roles are available. Maybe you don't know this: actually in a prev server, I had #gaming-roles, #anime-roles, #dating-roles channels and made like over 200 select-able roles. I want to do same thing again, however, I will not do same thing again unless our discord server gets like over 10000 people and the server doesn't get deleted by the date that happens (because at population around 10000 and server doesn't get deleted means that it will pretty much not get deleted in the future as well. it is way too much hard job for me to add bunch of roles but nothing is left once the server get deleted.)

And of course, this time I will let people choose their role via website, so that we store their settings even though discord server might get deleted.

5) Gaming Text Channels
In a prev server, we already tested both the design of "only one gaming channel as #gaming" and "many gaming channels per games like now" but latter worked better in terms of invoking professionalism of people going indepth discussion about specific game they play, and making server more look like professional gaming server. Either way, there were not much difference in population decrease & increase though. In this case, I would choose "professionalism of gaming server".

Encourage socialization among server members. If you want dating to be a thing, encourage people to talk to each other. Let them figure out who the people around them are. 
I may be socially inept, but it doesn't take a genius to see that all that's happening on the server is people posting selfies. Nobody has any incentive to chat to other people other than to "slide into the DMs" (hurr durr).

The Dating channels are only selfies. They promote 1-on-1 chatting. They don't even contribute to the server's life.
This doesn't need to be Tinder 2.0
=> people join the server for that 1-on-1 chatting. Removing dating contents will result in decrease in population

I'm gonna be straight here, and you may hate me for this.
The way the server is set up sucks.
If the setup isn't working, why not revamp the entire fucking thing ?

Let me elaborate:

Point 1: Your point is valid in a way yes, but when people join server only to see 2-3 users playing in their corner with bots, it's even more saddening than a dead server.
Point 2: Please do what Letarain said, it works, it just works.
Point 3: Can we have a thing like, one channel for gaming, another for animals, etc..
Point 4: Make roles for colors, people get happy to type just to see their own color, + the server gets colorful.
Point 5: One topic for gaming should be good (unless you wanna be an mlg extreme korean gaming clan).
(01-03-2019, 02:37 AM)Kezzer Wrote:  If the setup isn't working, why not revamp the entire fucking thing ?

Let me elaborate:

Point 1: Your point is valid in a way yes, but when people join server only to see 2-3 users playing in their corner with bots, it's even more saddening than a dead server.
Point 2: Please do what Letarain said, it works, it just works.
Point 3: Can we have a thing like, one channel for gaming, another for animals, etc..
Point 4: Make roles for colors, people get happy to type just to see their own color, + the server gets colorful.
Point 5: One topic for gaming should be good (unless you wanna be an mlg extreme korean gaming clan).

1. I will test someday a general without bots and check population difference by comparing to general with bots.
2. ok. I will
3. do we need animal channel really?
4. will be implemented after we get more than 10k people in discord.
5. i will test someday and check population difference like number 1 said above.

Anyways, first test I want to do as of now is to switch between www.onlinematchmaking.me and www.animeesports.com. It will take about 2 weeks, then I will proceed test I said above.
Anyone wanna roleplay~?... I'm up anytime just message me! Uwu
(01-05-2019, 07:01 AM)NwekiNweko Wrote:  Anyone wanna roleplay~?... I'm up anytime just message me! Uwu

I recommend you start making under roleplaying forum.
I’ll role play with you hit me up karcat~kaneki#5202
Tokyo Ghoul for life

Share this thread in social media

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jotaku
12-26-2018, 07:52 AM