Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not many animes to watch in this season

I guess I would only watch Plunderer and Black Clover in this season...
Shokugeki no soma.. I already watched all its manga.. as well as Kaguya and We never learn..

lol

Not much animes to watch in this season
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3
Agree. It's a shame that Oregairu season 3 was delayed, Re:Zero Season 2 and the Heavens Feel 3rd Movie! Sad times.

Edit: Oh I just remembered Tower of God was airing. Are you watching that?
(04-17-2020, 11:51 AM)RainVGC Wrote:  Agree. It's a shame that Oregairu season 3 was delayed, Re:Zero Season 2 and the Heavens Feel 3rd Movie! Sad times.

Edit: Oh I just remembered Tower of God was airing. Are you watching that?

Tower of God, I used to read its manga (Korean manhwa version) before, and saw a little bit of anime, but quality doesn't look as good as manga.
Probably I wouldn't watch this on anime lol
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
(04-17-2020, 04:48 PM)Jotaku Wrote:  Tower of God, I used to read its manga (Korean manhwa version) before, and saw a little bit of anime, but quality doesn't look as good as manga.

Really? As a newcomer to the idea it seems quite good, potentially at least. 

I'm currently watching quite a few... Glepinir seems ecchi and overly sexualised for no purpose, but it seems to be dark and gruesome in terms of storyline and has good action thus far.

Two mobile game based anime with pretty good animation are Shironeko Project Zero Chronicle and Princess Connect Re: Dive. The former seems to have a generic storyline and is a little cheesy so far, but it looks to have some pretty good action scenes. The latter has an almost mute main character, i'd say the characters in that one are better and the animation is very pretty. Although I feel the story is lacking content.. Another mobile game one is called Schachibato, President It's Time for Battle! It's just straight garbage.

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Seems pretty good so far, surprising considering I thought it would be one of the more trashier ones this season. And yeah, you're already watching Plunderer... that one is really hit and miss for me. I really like the story, but it seems all over the place, some episodes feel like filler almost. And the animation is the same, some scenes feel really well animated and then others feel like garbage. It's pretty funny though, and I can't deny the story really pulls me. Glad it got 24 Episodes at least.

Looking forward to Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld Season 2 though!
(04-18-2020, 12:34 PM)RainVGC Wrote:  
(04-17-2020, 04:48 PM)Jotaku Wrote:  Tower of God, I used to read its manga (Korean manhwa version) before, and saw a little bit of anime, but quality doesn't look as good as manga.

Really? As a newcomer to the idea it seems quite good, potentially at least. 

I'm currently watching quite a few... Glepinir seems ecchi and overly sexualised for no purpose, but it seems to be dark and gruesome in terms of storyline and has good action thus far.

Two mobile game based anime with pretty good animation are Shironeko Project Zero Chronicle and Princess Connect Re: Dive. The former seems to have a generic storyline and is a little cheesy so far, but it looks to have some pretty good action scenes. The latter has an almost mute main character, i'd say the characters in that one are better and the animation is very pretty. Although I feel the story is lacking content.. Another mobile game one is called Schachibato, President It's Time for Battle! It's just straight garbage.

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? Seems pretty good so far, surprising considering I thought it would be one of the more trashier ones this season. And yeah, you're already watching Plunderer... that one is really hit and miss for me. I really like the story, but it seems all over the place, some episodes feel like filler almost. And the animation is the same, some scenes feel really well animated and then others feel like garbage. It's pretty funny though, and I can't deny the story really pulls me. Glad it got 24 Episodes at least.

Looking forward to Sword Art Online Alicization War of Underworld Season 2 though!

To be honest, I couldn't figure out what to reply to this one because I haven't seen all the animes you listed in your last reply. It reflects you spent pretty much time in watching anime, I believe.

I couldn't believe there exists anime based on mobile anime games, which is usually regarded as cheap and cheesy among gaming platform. I mean vice versa can happen (make mobile game from manga/anime), but didn't expect making anime from mobile games. Interesting, perhaps I will search those mobiles games.

So, did you like Tower of God anime? you actually haven't specified it so kinda wondered.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
[quote pid='1458' dateline='1587213270']
To be honest, I couldn't figure out what to reply to this one because I haven't seen all the animes you listed in your last reply. It reflects you spent pretty much time in watching anime, I believe.

I couldn't believe there exists anime based on mobile anime games, which is usually regarded as cheap and cheesy among gaming platform. I mean vice versa can happen (make mobile game from manga/anime), but didn't expect making anime from mobile games. Interesting, perhaps I will search those mobiles games.

So, did you like Tower of God anime? you actually haven't specified it so kinda wondered.
[/quote]

Yeah I try to pick out anything I might be interested in and I try to watch it even if it's bad. After all it's only 20 minutes a week out of my life.

Yes! Mobile game anime storylines are usually garbage because the format has drastically changed, and frankly it's extremely hard to find a great storyline anyway. Recently there have been more and more 12 episode series popping up to get new players to their games, more recently Azur Lane made one too (you may be familiar with that game, it's very popular) and Fate/Grand Order. A lot of them make ridiculous amounts of money and so the animation is pretty impressive. 

Yes. So far it seems good! At first it just seemed like some typical isekai-type show with OP main protag for no reason other than "because", but it actually seems to have an actual valid explanation for that (potentially at least) so i'm looking forward to watching more. And the animation is very colourful, and nice to look at at least.
Alright, I will watch one more of its new episode, thanks!
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer

Share this thread in social media