Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[PC] 5 Good Anime Fighting Games for PC in 2022

Based on the Steam/Valve game catalog available on July 2022
According to my own experience, I can make a recommendation of these 5 fighting games. Which are quite fun if you learn to play them.
Of the following games 4 are paid games that are available in the catalog of Steam games (from 2 to 5 games) , while one of them is a free game (The first game).

1.- The King Of Figfhters Wing (MUGEN)

This game is a fan game, which is made with the help of the MUGEN game engine. This game is obviously unofficial, and can be obtained for free on the internet. The game incorporates classic characters from the KOF video game series, in addition to including classic combos with each character and adds new combos with which each player can devise their own combinations. With its pixel art style, It's a game based on the pre-KOF XIII sagas.
A good option, if what you want is fast fun and at no cost; since the game has no story mode, only an arcade mode against the computer, a cooperative mode available only on the same PC, and the training mode.
(If someone doesn't find it, they can let me know and I can provide them with a version of the game...)

2.- The King Of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

One of the most popular fighting games among connoisseurs of the genre. From the same SNK saga, KOF 2002 UM; It presents us with a game with controls based on 6 attack buttons and a motion lever (Or the WASD). Which includes new equipment, a new interface, in-game balances, new Despair Moves and a Background with the game's Artwork during the "Hidden Super Desesperation Moves".
Some people consider it as "A classic that does not go out of style".
Personally I recommend it if you want to start in the world of fighting games, since KOF stories are easily found through the internet, KOF 2002 UM; it can help you understand a little of the basics of the KOF universe. In addition to that it is really learning the basic concepts that the KOF saga implements in its games: Combos, Cancel, HSDM, among other concepts.

3.- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

Another game from the developer SNK, in which we can use the most important fighters in the SNK universe, which include the fighters of KOF, FF, and new characters for the delivery. The game, in addition to the genre's classic combat system, includes elements of character customization and high-quality graphics.
An excellent option if what you want is to see girls fight anime style.

4.- BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Another fighting game, only this one corresponds to the saga of games with the same name, BlazBlue. 
BB: Calamity Trigger is the first game in the series; Released in 2014, it's still available on Steam, and it's still one of the games worth trying if you want to watch fights and anime at the same time. Personally, I include it in these recommendations, since being the first game in the saga, you can learn the concept of the game, the initial history of the game and its combat systems, which vary greatly with those of other sagas. With the latter I mean the combo system, since in addition to the 6 attack buttons, it includes 4 automatic combinations to be used in conjunction with the combos, which make it easier to create combo chains or activate special moves. Personally, I think that the story mode is the strong point of this game, since the arcade mode is relatively simple.

5.- Skullgirls: 2nd Encore

Finally another game that although it is already somewhat old, still has content updates. This game with aesthetic anime (?), has a greater number of female characters than male (At the time I write this, alone has 2 men the game). Which includes a story that involves each character separately, that is, each character has a story that you can enjoy by playing the story mode with the respective character; a combo system that is based on speed, Team battles with configurable support movements, a series of tutorials extensive enough to learn everything about the game (such as 8 tutorial chapters, each with several missions), a configurable difficulty arcade mode, a training mode, a challenge mode and more.
Highly recommended if what you want is a more competitive fighting game with the same aesthetics; since currently the player base is relatively small, it is easy to find unofficial and official tournaments in which you can enlist without problems.

[This time there is no video, as I didn't have enough time to record or edit... Plus I've been playing really badly for lack of practice.]

Each game may vary in price depending on the currency of your country, however, each month one of the games mentioned has some type of discount. In addition to the fact that the games require very little to be able to run, so you can play almost anyone without problems; SNK Heroines is the game with the most graphic demand, so make sure you can run it before buying it.

*** Thanks you for the reading the post about Anime Fighting Games for PC ***

I invite you to register on the page so that you know about the following guides, and the different contents that are published regularly on the site.

If you want to talk more about manga or mangakas that you like, you can do it here.
If you want to talk more about current, past or upcoming anime follow me to this forum.
"Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada"

Un jugador bastante nuevo en cualquier juego; en el futuro espero seguir aportando tanto contenido como pueda XD

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post