Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

[General] Firefox Mastery

Better response on post Firefox Mastery
Based on the Steam version, released on March 25, 2021

Although many players constantly play and find unique ways to use the mechas, there is always something that remains constant, and those would be some of the features that the mecha can offer to be able to exploit. For example, Hurricane can fly, and we all occupy it to fly (What redundancy) but, there are techniques that some occupy to be able to fly for longer with the same amount of fuel, others that make hurricane move faster than normal.
Well, this guide will be based on my own experience as an SMC player and my mastery over Firefox; that is, the advice I will give you are things I do even currently (By the time I am writing this guide I am top 33 with Firefox/Season 6).

Fighting
With Firefox, it is very easy to identify when you are facing a bot or a person, since usually the bots stay still, do not use the Gemini Missiles, They have VERY bad aim, among other things that over time you will learn or have already learned. Now then, when fighting with Foxy against other mechas, it is very easy to lose the combat regardless of the enemy since if we remember, Foxy is the mecha with the biggest weak point of the game (His head, which is more head than mecha xd) then, to avoid that here are some tips:
  • Try to fight in places where there are buildings where you can take shelter while fighting.
  • Always intersperse between attacking and hiding in buildings, to avoid losing your shield in case the enemy is very difficult to face.
  • If you do not trust your aim much, that the combats start in a medium range and you close the range progressively.
  • When you fire the Gemini Missiles do not sit still, move in the direction of the enemy to try to connect as many as possible.
  • When you fire the main weapon (Basic Attacks) do not sit still, try to move in the opposite direction to that of the opponent, to avoid as much as possible that the enemy hits your weak point, also remember to jump regularly, without exaggerating (Always keep a little fuel).
  • If you use Core I, long-range to medium-range combat will favor you, no matter how many shots you miss, the important thing is to connect your attacks with the enemy, since the Core I allows you to wear down the opponent while shortening the distance between the two or to eliminate an enemy from a safe range.
  • If you use Core II, medium and short range combats favor you more, since you prevent the missiles from dispersing a lot and you have more possibilities to connect several. In addition, the most significant damage will come from the Gemini Missiles and not from the main weapon.
Remember that Firefox is a mecha of the Heavy and Continuous type, that means that the mecha has more than 3000 useful DUR and is focused on long-duration combats; hence the importance of knowing how to seek cover and recharge while fighting.

Movement
Firefox is a mecha that is neither too fast nor too slow; that's why the combat ability offers many advantages to move more easily and quickly through the map, with 7s of cooldown the default ability gives a small shield to Firefox that you can use to complement your arsenal when fighting.
  • If you have to move around a very long stretch of the map, you will have to use the combat skill to get to the destination faster.
  • If an enemy is faster than you, you will have to use your combat ability to shorten, increase the distance between you, or simply to dodge the enemy's attacks.
  • Do not use the combat skill on the ground, that is, just press the Q while touching the ground, as obstacles can obstruct the distance you can move, can hinder your maneuver or can stop your ability earlier than normal. Use a jump before using the combat skill, so you can travel a greater distance, since you will not be affected by the friction of the ground, the relief of the same, obstacles, and you can better maneuver the direction of the skill.
  • When you manage to wear down the enemy and it is hidden, you have two options, the first would be to hide your too and take advantage to repair yourself as quickly as possible and reload your weapons; the second would be to chase your enemy to prevent him from repairing or repositioning.
  • When you have to chase your opponent, use the combat skill at the same time that you run and attack the enemy.
Evasion
With Firefox, attack evasion is something that can be more difficult than simply eating away at all the attacks; but it is not convenient because of the type of fuse, and it is prudent to know how to dodge the attacks of the enemies or how to use the evasions.
  • In case the enemy has weapons that can emit a danger signal, try to dodge them before they get to connect you. Usually they would be all the secondary weapons of all the mechas, since they usually cause more damage than the primary one.
  • In case your enemy starts to shorten the distance, you can use the combat skill to increase the distance (Shortening the distance by will means that it favors combat).
  • I usually use an evasion for basic enemy attacks when I'm reloading my main weapon, at the same time I fire the Gemini Missiles if I get the chance.

The effectiveness of this guide can vary depending on the skill of the player, as well as his prudence when fighting.

I invite you to register on the page so that you know about the following guides, and the different contents that are published regularly on the site.

If you are interested in more SMC guides, follow this link.
If you are looking for builds for your mechas, this link is for you.
If you are looking for more SMC content, the following link will help you.

Share this thread in social media

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jotaku
10-17-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post by Dvoramla
06-19-2022, 10:41 PM
Last Post by Dvoramla
01-07-2022, 09:06 PM