Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

One Last Look at SMC in 2021, One of the Best Anime PvP Games

Better response on post One Last Look at SMC in 2021, One of the Best Anime PvP Games
Friday/17 December/2021

Super Mecha Champions is one of the few games that NetEase introduced in the Steam catalog in March 2021. While there are more versions different from Steam, this version of the game gained popularity relatively quickly, given that it has been possible to see an increase in content creators (Streamers, YouTubers, etc.) with this game as a base, and consequently an increase in people playing this game in the Steam version.
But why do I mention "the Steam version"? Well, because unlike the other versions of SMC, Steam is the most "balanced" I know, given that being in the Steam catalog, Anti-Cheats systems are implemented to improve the gaming experience of people; having to mention that in the mobile version of this game still has active cheaters, while the PC version of SMC I do not know if the situation remains the same.
Leaving aside the above; for those who don't know much about SMC or its community because they are "new", many of the top players are gamers who migrated from the PC version to the Steam version some time ago (There was an event where you could migrate the accounts that lasted about a month and few found out about it),  and many of those players would later become content creators; and to clarify that this is only based on things of my knowledge and revolving around the Hispanic community of SMC, since the community in English is usually somewhat more revolted.
It is worth mentioning that it is well known among the general SMC community that the game continues to have certain problems regarding the performance of the game, since many have mentioned the same types of bugs or problems with the game throughout this year. While many complaints are justified, there are many others that the truth is that no, and is that, although the game demands little to have a decent gaming experience, there are players who do not know how to configure the graphical aspects of the game resulting in a variation in the performance of the game; and as a consequence there are toxic players in the community, in addition to bad references of the game itself, I will refrain from giving examples of this out of respect for all those I know as an example of this.
And since we are talking about graphic aspects of the game, I want to mention the graphics especially because, as you can see from the HUD the game was originally developed for mobile devices and that is why the game's interface gives that feeling of mobile play, and not only that, since the graphics of the mobile version and those of the PC version are basically the same,  which was a drastic change when the Steam version was released, since the graphics of this version were designed for a computer, thus giving NetEase freedom to put more detailed, polished and beautiful models; that if you have a suitable computer you can appreciate these details, and as if that were not enough, NetEase continues to polish and optimize the models of the wicks (Which in fact are what most attracts attention) as could be seen in the last update on December 16, and unlike previous updates, these changes were so noticeable that even with the graphics to a minimum you can appreciate the details that have been added.
On the other hand, we have the combat system... That being realistic is not something of another world as far as FPS and Battle Royale is concerned, and is that the time we spend being pilots in a Battle Royale mode, is quite similar to many FPS and BR on the market (Shooting with firearms in first person, cures for our character, jumps,  elusive, different sights for weapons, consumables for combat and utility, etc.) but if we talk about the Mechas, the thing changes, and is that, according to many players, this game has a more dynamic and efficient system for the combat of these robots than many other games with similar ideas and is that, although most of the mechas share the same controls for their handling, certainly the mechanics of each mecha are quite different from each other.
And since we are talking about the combat system of the FPS and BR, I have to mention the other game modes that SMC implemented throughout the year, which are ranging from a BR mode without mechas, to an Arms Race in all against all. Being four spaces for choosing game modes, two are always activated for the free use of players and two are only activated weekly (Every weekend, and rotate) that, although the Team Deathmatch mode is the least popular in the game (If you want then I make an explanation of why, comment) it is undoubtedly one of the most fun modes in SMC, while the BR is the most popular and currently played general mode, having to put different sub-modes within it to be able to vary this game mode,  so we have the maps of Candy House Battle, Snow Battle, gravity zones (Most recent), Portals in the Night, normal BR and...I think they are all (Sorry if I didn't say the names right, I don't remember which ones were xd).
Returning to the aspect of the weapons of the game, which we have available to use in our form of pilots... Well, in this year, two weapons have been introduced (Or at least as far as I know xd) and those would be the Smart Exploder Gun and the Light Riffle, weapons that were not originally in the game, and when entering they opened even more the variety of options for the games. I still remember when the Smart Gun was the most annoying anti-mecha weapon in the game (Although it is still somewhat annoying, but with the different changes it has undergone it is already less).
And finally leave the pilots Big Grin, those characters that occupy most of the time and that are important not only for aesthetics, but also for mechanics for those games where we want to show that we are the best SMC pilot. Throughout this year SMC has introduced a total of 6 pilots (If I remember correctly) being them: Silver Deacon, Cyrus, Serena, Kisuna AI, Jiu Chong and Norma... I think if it's just those... offering even more variety for players... And it is that many times the talents of the characters are something that go unnoticed, and in many occasions they usually make a noticeable difference when it comes to close games. When Silver Deacon arrived at SMC, most of the top players used him for his ability to survive death once per game (He was very broken xd), although currently his talent had a change that left him quite useless if we compare it with his previous version ... but they are small details...
Finally, and I think the reason why many players may have stayed (or at least like me, who wasn't familiar with FPS) is the events that SMC had throughout this year... that to be honest, there are so many that I can't count them... But if I had to mention the flashiest ones I remember, they would be: Hotsteel SS Event, Neutron Star SS, Ranger SS, Firefox SS, PC to Steam Account Migration Event, Crossover Event with Kisuna AI, Battle Event at Candy House, Caramel SS, Summer Skins Event, New Player Event (XD), Cyrus Introductory Event, Veterans Return Event (Only for players who were inactive for 1 month approx.), Summer Event, among many other xds. No doubt NetEase wants this game to be active for a while, and is that according to the official discord, they take the development of the game seriously; I think with all the crossovers they have made and the merchandise they are going to take out this more than clear.
In conclusion, was Super Mecha Champions worth it in 2021? Yes, the answer is that it was worth it. Maybe for some it is not so, but personally, I think it has been worth this 2021 in SMC, and with everything that remains to come for SMC, let's hope that in 2022 it will be even more worthwhile.

If you want more content you can follow me at the following link, which is a forum with different things about SMC.
Or if you want to discuss about Anime you can do it here.
Do you prefer Manga? This link is for you.

I invite you to register on the page so that together we can be part of this beautiful community, and in the future we will be part of eSports.

Attached Files Image(s)

This is a pretty detailed review. This is a review that cannot be written without playing the game in depth.
I think the graphics of the mobile and PC versions (including Steam) are all the same.
Personally, I think it's a very well-made game, except for a few minor issues, such as the number of bots and the slightly smaller number of skills in the mecha. The balance isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty good.

Personally, I think it's just not advertised well.
As for their social media alone, their Twitter is too small compared to Facebook in terms of the number of followers, so I think it's just a game with less ads.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3
(12-19-2021, 06:10 PM)AEG Jotaku Wrote:  This is a pretty detailed review. This is a review that cannot be written without playing the game in depth.
I think the graphics of the mobile and PC versions (including Steam) are all the same.
Personally, I think it's a very well-made game, except for a few minor issues, such as the number of bots and the slightly smaller number of skills in the mecha. The balance isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty good.

Personally, I think it's just not advertised well.
As for their social media alone, their Twitter is too small compared to Facebook in terms of the number of followers, so I think it's just a game with less ads.
In fact you are not wrong, only that the detail of this game (as well as almost all NetEase games) is that they are not promoted much in markets other than Chinese.
So NetEase games tend to have fewer players than their Asian versions. Hopefully they realize the potential of their game in the international market, and give it more publicity.
@Dvoramla  In fact, we are already marketing them, although it's not effective since they have never helped us in terms of digital marketing.

Example: https://www.animeesports.com/Thread-3-Be...ices--1948

no regret on advertising their games on our side even if they fails to be successful anime game, and even if we get no benefits from doing so since anime is our love and we did our best for anime game area as a fan of anime.
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3
(12-22-2021, 06:08 PM)AEG Jotaku Wrote:  @Dvoramla  In fact, we are already marketing them, although it's not effective since they have never helped us in terms of digital marketing.

Example: https://www.animeesports.com/Thread-3-Be...ices--1948

no regret on advertising their games on our side even if they fails to be successful anime game, and even if we get no benefits from doing so since anime is our love and we did our best for anime game area as a fan of anime.
I agree on that, but I can't deny that I would like it to grow and be a success.

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Admin
08-14-2020, 03:45 PM