0%
0 score, 0%
Season 3
0 score, 0%
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[General] 2022 Sword Art Online Review - How Many Seasons Of SAO Is There? How Good Are They?

Better response on post 2022 Sword Art Online Review - How Many Seasons Of SAO Is There? How Good Are They?[Intro]
As sword art online was the first anime I can even remember watching it holds a special place in my heart and as the latest and might I say grandest season has ended and we prepare for the unital ring arc that is going on the manga and light novel to be animated and continue the sao anime I think it would be good for us to spend some of the time we have waiting to reviewing what we have gotten so far starting from season one to both parts of season 4 we will not be reviewing the awaited theater only (for now) sao progressive movie that will soon hit Blu-ray internationaly. Here is my 2022 sword art online review of the four seasons of sword art online.

[Season One]
Season one, the start of it all, the plot was simple yet well done and really popularized the isekai genre players are trapped in a death game where if you die in the game or some one tries to take the headset off your real body dies  and you cant log out or be logged out and the only two ways of getting out are beating the boss or the creator, side characters for this season were not as well developed as they could have been but still managed to make characters that people fond for, the animation was decent and shined during the major action scenes but what made this season so special was the music which was the best during the fights so much so that im pretty sure that even if you dont like sao that first boss's ost is engraved into your mind. The romance between Kirito and Asuna was quite well developed and well paced, a rare thing for anime of this genre and the comedy while not always nailing the jokes still manages to be quite funny. One thing I hated was how they handled Akihiko Kiyaba's goal at the end simply saying "it's been so long I forgot" as if it was poetic or explains anything to fans with all that said I rate the first season 8/10.

[Season Two]
Season two, the alo arc, this season was the worst of the four seasons in my opinion not to say it was bad but that it was rather lacking in some areas. The plot follows the aftermath of the players escaping sao but Asuna is still trapped placed in a new game alo which uses source code of sao and just adds magic and wings and the story then follows this damsel in distress "A" plot line with multiple genuinely interesting "B" plots with new characters and priously known but now shown characters, again like the previous season this season establishes new characters that go on to be fan favorites but fail to really flesh them out, the animation as always is decent and shines during action the same going for the music.The alo arc is also a bit more risky with its sexual assualt scene near the end and with Kirito almost killing some one in real life. With all that said I give this season a 6/10.

[Season Three]
Season three, the ggo arc, this is one of my favorite seasons for the animation, plot, world and its characters. Heres the story for this season a string of murders are going on related to the actions of a person in the game of game ggo  and Kirito is asked to head in and join the "Bullets of Bullets" pvp event to investigate and stop these murders along the way he meets Sinon, who, mistaking his randomized in game character  and his natural rather high pitch voice for a fellow girl player befriends him and shows him the ropes and helps him prepare for the BOB while they also help her through her own personal struggle. What i like about this season and why it's one of my favorites is not only the fact that this VR world is completely different from sao and alo but also the fact that this is the first time they took the time and care to flesh out a character and its the reason why Sinon is so loved by the fandom, the combat and animation was amazing and because this world is even more centered on fighting than the other 2 we get a lot more action and i love it music was decent but not as memorable and this leads on to the next part of season three were it fleshes out Asuna and let her take the main stage in alo while Kirito is in ggo we also get introduce to Yuuki and her fleshed out story and with her restablishes that kirito is not the strongest and there are those out there better than him a point first shown with Heathcliff. This season did wonders in terms of characterization, story and action so I give it 9/10 to 10/10.

[Season Four]
Lastly is season 4 and its two parts, season 4 is my favorite season of the anime. The animation, the story, the music, the world and the characters are all far superior than the other seasons and the budget size shows and it's the only season where Kirito is more of a side character throughout the entire season. for the story Kirito is part of experimenting new AI and AR technology replicate the human soul and test the accuracy and Kirito is to enter the simulated world and interact with them while not keeping the memories of the real world until he comes back from his sessions and vice versa he doesn't keep his memories of the simulated world when he comes out that is until he is injured using a heart injection weapon introduced in the third season and in order to save him they place him back into the machine and we follow his interactions with the world around him and the appending war the season has near all new characters that are all fleshed out even the side characters, there is a lot of action and the animation is beautiful and fluid and the music is amazing i don't want to go in depth as the story is amazing both the "A" and "B" plots are great and I don't want to spoil to much of it so i leave you with my final verdict of 11/10 for both parts of season 4.

Thank you for reading the post about how many seasons are there of 2022 Sword Art Online

Please consider voting in the poll for your favorite season of sword art online and if you want we can do a review of the sao movies next

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply