Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 Best VR Games of the Year 2023

3 Best VR Games of the Year 2023

Defining the best game of the year is a daunting task as it involves taking into account many different aspects of the game. From story to gameplay, from execution to mechanics, it can be quite hard to quantify what is the best game. Below are what I consider to be the best VR games of the year 2023. So give them a read and if you disagree with them then let me know why in the comments down below. Without further adieu let’s get started.

Table of Contents
  1. RUINSMAGUS
  2. I Am Sakuya VR
  3. Koi-Koi VR: Love Blossoms

RUINSMAGUS

[Image: ruinsmagus-1.jpg]
Figure 1-1. RUINSMAGUS

Platforms: (Windows)

Magic has been something game developers have been trying to create the feel of for years, this is due to the love many share for the whimsical and mystical. This is why games like RuinMagus feel so well crafted and lived in. Developed by the geniuses at CharacterBank, the narrative of the game takes place in the underground sanctuary metropolis of Grand Amnis. Where the once outlawed magic is allowed to be used in fights till the death. Featuring a roster of 14 spells, which might seem quiet low at the start. Until you figure out that each can be linked with another to cause specific effects. Which is where the game’s true complexity shines through.

[Image: ruinsmagus-gameplay-1.jpg]
Figure 1-2. RUINSMAGUS Gameplay

VR brings the game to life by beautifully rendering the VR landscape and effects. This helps in creating immersion as each spell feels like a distinct departure from the rest. The main narrative of the game is an amalgamation of JRPG tropes but doess its job of merging the battles seamlessly and also being enjoyable at points. But the true magic happens in the heat of battle where you will have to change and chain spells at a moment’s notice to slay your foes for there is no mercy in these parts. So what are you waiting for come join this magical adventure through the dark halls of RuinMagus.

I Am Sakuya VR

[Image: i_am_sakuya_vr_touhou_fps_game-1.jpg]
Figure 2-1. I Am Sakuya VR

Touhou is a name known far and wide by gamers as the only game series to even rival the endeavors of FromSoft. This is due to the bad shit insane difficulty of the games as you will have to make your way through bullet hell to win. But where the original games lacked immersion you can experience the core gameplay in a whole new virtual dimension with I Am Sakuya VR: Touhou FPS Game. Created by fans with the go-ahead of the original company it brings the bullet hell aspects of the game to VR with a FPS twist.

[Image: i_am_sakuya_vr_touhou_fps_game-gameplay-1.jpg]
Figure 2-2. I Am Sakuya VR Gameplay

As you will have to clear 15 distinct stages with old and new enemies, and all the while you will be jumping shooting, and stopping time like any other Touhou game. With some new additions also such as all new fan-made weapons inspired by old concept art and the lore. But don’t let the VR perspective fool you this game is true to its roots and it will be the hardest VR you have ever played so be prepared to cry. VR also plays a significant part as it brings the game to life without any lag or stuttering. So if you are in the mood to test your merit as a gamer then strap on that headset and dive into the world of I Am Sakuya VR: Touhou FPS Game.

Koi-Koi VR: Love Blossoms

[Image: koi_koi_vr_love_blossoms-1.jpg]
Figure 3-1. Koi-Koi VR: Love Blossoms

Romance is a genre that has always been difficult for developers, as it is hard to get players to fall for fictional characters as everyone is different. But with VR now developers can craft unique experiences that players can live through to fall in love with fictional characters. One such example is Koi-Koi VR: Love Blossoms, a game that now only gives gamers a brand-new experience, but also shows that the romance genre is still alive and kicking. Set in a fictional bathhouse in the hills, the game takes place over the duration of a vacation. As our protagonist meets two women who will change his life forever.

Figure 3-2. Koi-Koi VR: Love Blossoms Gameplay

Incorporating elements of visual novels, the game allows players to change certain outcomes that will affect the story later on or have massive repercussions in the present. These outcomes are also permanent for the run to make the player feel a sense of weight and finality when making decisions. The environments and sounds are brought to life by the VR magnificently, as they help set the mood and tone for the game. So if you want to experience a romance game like no other then boot up Koi-Koi VR and be swept away by it.

@"everyone"

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply