Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Does My Hero One's Justice 2 Hold Any Esports Potential?

Does My Hero One's Justice 2 Hold Any Esports Potential?

(Figure 1: My Hero One's Justice 2)

My Hero One's Justice 2 has recently joined the plethora of PvP anime games waiting in line for their turn to break out as the next esports frenzy. Since most of the anime esports candidates fail to steal the attention of esports gamers, what makes My Hero One's Justice 2 any different?

Although there are many titles, both anime, and non-anime, that have made it to the esports leagues. However, this does not stop developers from creating new games that are the perfect candidates for the next esports title. My Hero One's Justice 2 is just one of the many new candidates, an anime game that can turn you into a hardcore anime fan!

Developed by Byking and a sequel to the 2018’s hit-famous My Hero One's Justice, My Hero One's Justice 2 is a 2020 3D 1v1 fighting anime PvP game. It starts and continues from the same storyline where its predecessor ended it. The ongoing struggle for justice in the first installment has now become bigger, faster, and quirkier in My Hero One's Justice!

As an esports gamer, you aspire to stand out from your competition through unique gameplay style and strategy implementation. This often requires a PvP game that incorporates highly engaging, tactical, and challenging, as well as visually aesthetic gameplay.

My Hero One's Justice 2 delivers just exactly that. It does the anime justice by adding many new features that properly capture the anime’s chaotic sensibilities and insane fight sequences. Through its use of the attack triangle, stamina system, techniques like dodging, wall-running, quickstepping, and dash-cancels as well as team plus ultras, the game delivers a one-of-a-kind experience to its potential esports gamers.

All of the characters featured in the first game make a returning appearance and they are joined by many new comrades. As the game is relatively still new, many character updates are likely to follow and hence the game roster size will increase. As of now, the game features 40 different heroes and villains. You can now finally form your dream team of heroes and villains, and pull off ultimate moves in special combos that surpasses normal human imagination.

Moreover, unlike many anime PvP games, My Hero One's Justice 2 is also available in English Dub. This potentially opens up space for more esports gamers that do not like Japanese dubbing in anime PvP games.

The game basically offers 1v1 matches with 2 additional assist characters on each side. In My Hero One's Justice 2, besides controlling your main character’s powers and special abilities, you also get to control your sidekicks’ special powers. This, in turn, gives you more control over the game and provides you with many new opportunities for tactical gameplay to perplex your opponents.

However, every action in My Hero One's Justice 2 comes at a cost. The stamina meter drains out when you decide to go all out at your opponent on the battlefield. For esports gamers, things are just getting started, as it will prevent them from sticking to one aggressive tactical style and allow more room for speculation and mind gaming.

The attack triangle consists of three different types of attacks: Normal, Counter, and Unblockables. Normal attacks interrupt Unblockable attacks which, in turn, hinder counterattacks. Counterattacks, on the other hand, interrupt normal attacks. If you are an esports gamer, then how you will make the best combo out of it remains yet to be seen.

Furthermore, thanks to Unreal Engine 4, the combat arena is more alive than ever. When the battle heat is at its full, the combat arena is literally destroyed! This adds fuel to the fire as it renders a more realistic and an immersive gameplay experience for esports gamers. My Hero One's Justice 2 is jam-packed with energy quirks that are unique to each character. In any battle zone, you can use these explosive quirks as signature moves to finish off matches in your style.

As justified above, My Hero One's Justice 2 indeed holds immense esports potential. It just needs a strong esports gamers base to support it to pull off its own esports leagues.

@"everyone"
https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news?game...-justice-2

My Hero Ones Justice 2 stopped updating since May 2022... They used to update 2~3 months interval. At this stage, I am sure they more focus on their new game, My Hero Ultra Rumble.

While Dragon Ball FighterZ still makes updating...
Jotaku, Anime Game Gamer
I. Super Mecha Champions NA Legendary Tier
II. Tokyo Ghoul: re Call to Exist NA Top #2
III. Fate/EXTELLA Link: NA Top #9
IV. Senran Kagura PEACH BEACH SPLASH: NA Top #3

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply