Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Hero One's Justice 2 Review

My Hero Academia, since it’s first season has become a hallmark of Shounen anime. The fame that which it has amassed, all the critics which it has overpowered, and all expectations which it has exceeded is astonishing. With 5 seasons out, and a 6th on its way, this show is my personal favorite, as I’m sure is yours as well.

And as any popular franchise, this one also has a huge roster of games, be it for Android, IOS, PC, Playstation, Xbox, etc. One such game came in 2018, named My Hero One’s Justice. A 3D Battle Action Video Game, featuring many great characters and storylines from the Original series. This game gained a huge fanbase, so much so that in January 2019, it was announced to had shipped over 500,000 copies. And so what any entrainment outlet would do, they decided to make another one, hence today’s actual topic.

On March 12, 2020, came a sequel to the original game and was named My Hero Academia: One’s Justice 2. This, very similar to its predecessor, is also a 3D action battle game, with a storyline that continues where it left off with its predecessor. Additionally, the sequel features some new and some improved features, along with a ton of new characters, 40 to be exact, to play with. And here is my Review for this game.

Reception
The reactions were quite mixed for the sequel, many left unsatisfied by the Story Mode. The graphics were improved to an extent, but the fights still lacked a sense of depth, says Vezquez from IGN. Many, including Spencer Still from Screen Rant, took the game to be quite similar to its predecessor, which isn’t really a good thing per se. All in all, the game sold around 24,625 units in its first week, which considering this was going to be an improved version, is much weaker than the original.

A Brief Walkthrough
The story mode is the most awaited for almost any game. This can also be what makes or breaks a fan base. My Hero Academia: One Justice 2 lacks in this part quite a bit. The story which it follows, a continuation from the previous game, is the Provisional Hero License Exam Arc to the Shie Hassaikai Arc.

The game opens with a 3D overview of the story, along with stills from the anime to set the pace. After which comes a Tutorial fight between Deku and All Might for players to get the hang of controls. On the left side of the screen, it displays controls, along with actions that go with it. Once that’s taken care of, comes the main menu where the following Game Play Modes lay:
  • STORY MODE, as I said before, is the main attraction to any such game. This sequel continues on the story left off by its predecessor, letting Characters/Players experience the original story line first hand.
  • Next up is MISSION which let’s the player assemble a team of the best heroes to level up around the board.
  • FREE BATTLE MODE is best if competing against friends. Here one can fight or train without worrying about any consequences to the storyline.
  • And if your friends don’t live around you, fear not, as the NETWORK option let’s you challenge players all around the globe. This is a good one.
  • ARCADE MODE let’s you fight a series of opponents in continuation.
  • TRAINING, as the name suggests, is for training purposes. Here you can master that one move which you’ve been lacking at.
  • CUSTOMIZE is the new and a great add to the game, recognized by many in their Reviews. Here you can let loose your creativity and make characters the way you want them. There are hundreds of attires that you unlock through various feats in the game, adding to its longevity.
  • Lastly, GALLERY is where you’ll find all the movie clips, graphics, voice clips and music which you’ve unlocked so far. It keeps expanding as you progress.
Personal Review
Aside from all the popular opinions regarding the game, my personal Review for My Hero Academia: One’s Justice 2 is also quite concerning. Don’t get me wrong, I love My Hero Academia and being able to play as All Might and Young Midoriya is a great experience. But how long can this one aspect last you before it starts to get boring. The storyline has its flaws, but more than that, as someone who constantly keeps up with the original manga story, the exact same stuff can also detract from the games allure.

The budget, as per sources, was increased for the sequel, but honestly didn’t apply where it should have; The Story Mode. Maybe if the story had some originality, not a complete copy of the original series, then it might have been entertaining.

On the bright side, the action graphics had an improvement, which is a plus point. The new moves were a delight to deliver, the Customization Section was also quite entertaining. So it has its silver linings as well.

Would I Recommend My Hero Academia: One’s Justice 2
Yes, I would. Cause why not. All that critique doesn’t change the fact that the action part is quite developed, aside from small stuff. Many Reviews have also complimented the Characters, the controls and the Easter Eggs from the original series. So yes, if your skeptical about the game, I’d say give it a try and find out for yourself.
That is all for today’s article. Hope this has shed some positive light for your about My Hero Academia: One’s Justice 2. I’ll catch you in the next one.

Share this thread in social media

[-]
Quick Reply